May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Come there for resources, news and stories throughout the month.
What’s it like to live with mental illness? Watch this video.
National Prevention Week 2020
May 10–16, 2020
SAMHSA’s National Prevention Week (NPW) is a public education platform that promotes prevention year-round through providing ideas, capacity-building, tools, and resources to help individuals and communities make substance use prevention happen every day.
NPW culminates in May by recognizing the important work that communities have done throughout the year to inspire action and prevent substance use and mental disorders.
Each day this week, SAMHSA will focus on a specific health theme related to prevention. SAMHSA provides free publications, tip sheets, and resource centers for each of the 2020 daily themes to educate and discuss in your community:
- Monday, May 11: Preventing Prescription Drug and Opioid Misuse
- Tuesday, May 12: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 13: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday, May 14: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use (E-cigarettes and Vaping)
- Friday, May 15: Preventing Suicide